First things first. A grant is non-repayable funds or products dispersed by one party - generally a government body to a not for profit, educational institution, business or individual.
Why would a Grant benefit you ?
Keeping in mind that benefits will be different amongst business owners as they will specify to your chosen field. Generally speaking though a Grant can offer many benefits including:
- A stepping stone for you to begin what you have worked so hard towards
- Business growth
- Create more opportunities within your business
- Financial breathing room
Grants are created to be given. Those who provide companies like yours grants - need to assign their grants to someone. So why not you !
Why is it important to write an above average Grant application?
As you would have thought and discovered by now - you are not the only startup. This also means you unfortunately aren't the only one going for your Grant. So above average keeps you a step ahead of the crowd. Here are some key aspects to to think about :
- Know your Grant provider . You wouldn't interview for a business you don't know - so don't apply for a Grant off someone you know nothing about.
- Ensure your content is what they want to hear
- Who will benefit ?
- What project will you use it for ?
- how much will your project cost you ?
- what are the risks associated with your project ?
- Is it a one off or do you need ongoing funding ?
- How will you measure your outcomes to show when your project is completed ?
- Ensure the amount you are asking for is within the Scope of the provider.
- Research potential competitors going for your Grant. Do you have an edge over them.
- Plan ahead - quality applications take time. Don't look for grants that are closing within the week.
Where can you find what Grants are available ?
local government body sites
Questions ? Need advice ?
Contact me - I am an experienced Grant writer with a wealth of knowledge just waiting to be taught !